Take this for the itch...

WARNING: Don't read if squemish... Ah fuck. I just wasted my entire long weekend hobbling around because I have developed a painful boil on my right calf. So bad this one is that I promised to go back to Mass if it healed. I also had one on my left index finger. Did a bit of reading up on the causes and it is likely caused by one of the pills the doctor prescribed two weeks ago for dermatitis. Yup, trade the itch for a boil. Typical Western medicine. I wonder if there is any Chinese Medicine sinseh around my area. They are great at dealing with crap like this. But the one on the index has since burst (it wasn't pretty) and the one on the calf has started to drain. That one was pretty disgusting too. Was sitting cross-legged on my chair in front of the computer when suddenly, there was a gooey mess all over. It looked like tomato sauce mixed with a hint of mayo. And yes, I am feeling a bit run down. I have lots of work to clear and was looking for a head start this long weekend but alas, it didn't happen. I read that Jan is making a real push towards her bonus and how money is a great motivator. I suppose it is. I saw how Richard Taylor (One of the top guys at the Weta workshop) was knighted today on this year's Queen's birthday. He mentioned something about being happy that more young people are chasing their dreams and doing creative work. Guess it is easy for him to say as he is one of fate's chosen. He could so easily be working in a supermarket at age 40 because of his creative pursuits. I'm not even sure now if it is money that I'm "settling" for... "A mortal life is not so long that you can take your time to pursue your dreams, and yet not so short that you would not need to worry about the consequences should you fail to attain them." I suppose I am more fatalistic than deterministic now. I soldier on for one more day, one more objective, one less fuck up. To what end, I do not know...

Comments

Popular Posts