It needs to go somewhere...

It needs to go somewhere. All that rage and discontent will eat me if I don't put it somewhere. I had this annoyingly stupid argument with boss/uncle about work and it went a little something like this:

Me: If you want to me to order stock for the new brand, then at least tell me how much you want to commit to the budget.

Boss/Uncle: The budget is not a relevant point because the product will fund itself. We have 75 days to pay the supplier and we collect 20 days from the time of sale from our customers.

Me: (Ponzi scheme?) So what if the customers aren't as receptive of the new brand as the previous?

Boss/Uncle: You are going off on a tangent. You are asking me a question about the budget and so I am answering that one.

Me: (Nice one. Anything you don't want to address is "going off on a tangent")... ... *Prolonged and rage suppressed silence*

Boss/Uncle: Look. Here is the plan: Just go and order it and I will talk to Minesh (supplier GM) next Monday.

Me: (Okay lor. This argument was BS anyway.)

Ah, just when I thought I had nailed that "I-should-be-content" thing, another BS thing comes along. Well, I suppose life is actually okay. I taught the Islanders (one Samoan and one Tokelauan) to say "chao chee by" and they are saying it with amusing regularity. They have accepted me into their circle, which is a quite a nice thing. It isn't common for a Chinese person to be seen with Islanders. They usually hang out with their own.


Oh, it was the Queen's Birthday holiday (sob. It is now over.) yesterday. Went out to the shops to buy mustard mayonaise for my stew and due to my lousy impulse control, came home with a lego X-wing (see picture). I enjoyed building it though. On a deeper level, I think it is good to keep my childish indulgences. I think I was pretty much the same person for the last 20 plus years of my life and I'm not ashamed of it. I wanted to be a Toy's-R-us kid and now I'm a Toy's-R-us man! Don't wanna grow up grow up grow up... =) The adult world is just fucked up.

Comments

Popular Posts