Saturday with mum and broken backboards

Tried to cheer mum up by bringing her to China Town to eat some good food (That is mum eating Fatty Ox Hong Kong Noodle in the picture) in the China Town food center, followed by some shopping in OG. I said "tried" because while mum was happy for just a little while, she went nuts when she got back home and then fell ill. Oh well, at least she was happy for a few hours...

I felt really down over the weekend but I thought I should not have been. Obviously, I don't have a job yet and all the jobs seem so mundane and boring. Yeah yeah, all those "But it feeds you" arguments do make it seem worse but really, I need to get my head screwed back on right again. On the plus side, I did eventually help Fat Uncle come to a decision on the maid.


Ah, and then there is something here to be glad and sad about I suppose... My beloved backboard broke and I had to toss it. Why am I glad? I suppose I had a lot of fun with this toy for a long time now. I can't even remember how long I had this but it was present in the Dover Road house, which has to be more than 10 years now. Like a breath of fresh air, the memories come back to me again. There I am, dunking like MJ, doing the dream shake like Hakeem, nailing the mid-range jumper like Kobe and much more. I still have the ball but now I just throw it and it hits an empty wall, which gives me a pang of bitter-sweet.

Comments

Popular Posts