The Happy In-between Time

I had a really good break between the time that I resigned from NLB to the time I started my new job at Singapore Polytechnic. I did not realize how difficult it is to actually sit down and list all the interesting things I managed to do but I will at least try to put a photo and perhaps caption it. I call this the Happy In-between Time.

25th July - Laofuzi Exhibition




Visited the Laofuzi (Old Master Q) exhibition with Kuodo in this secluded colonial house that has been repurposed for arts. Had the honour of meeting Joseph Wong (王泽), the creator of the beloved Laofuzi comics that were an essential part of my childhood. Since we were trying to kill more time before my Deadpool Wolverine movie in the evening, we also visited the Wang Sha Ye Feng exhibition at the Singapore Chinese Cultural Centre. Even managed to do the Turkish trick ice cream that I missed out on in Turkiye.

29th to 30th July - Dog Lamp Carpentry Course




Signed up for a woodworking SkillFuture workshop. All my classmates were seniors. I had a fun time making my dog lamp and it now sits proudly on my desk. There is satisfaction in putting in effort to make something well.

8th August - NLB Farewell Lunch

 

14th August - Lunch and movie with parents

Brought parents for a day out. Had lunch at one of Dad's favourite stalls in Beo Crescent and then watched the local movie Wonderland (Starring Mark Lee and Peter Yu).

16th August - Gardens by the Bay (Impressions of Monet)

 

 


17th August - Birthday Celebration at XX's place

 

 


Had a birthday celebration at XX's place. Bought a Lego Duplo set for the little munchkin and had a great time.

20th August - Fixed up extra shelves for Lego

I bought an extra row of shelves from IKEA to put up my ever-growing collection...

26th to 30th August - Taipei family trip

31st August - Birthday




Comments

Popular Posts