A Father's Love

 


This picture makes me smile. Why? What makes a bottle of fish oil so special that of all the other pictures in today's post, I put this one right at the top? Well, let me tell you a story folks.

My father used to give me a capsule of fish oil everyday when I was living with them. Sometimes, he would deliberately wait for me to come home just to give me one. One of those times, I told him I do not need this any more. I told him that I would be moving out soon so there wasn't any real point of continuing since I was likely to stop this one-a-day fish oil thing the moment I moved into my new place. My father responded by telling me all the benefits of fish oil in keeping Cholesterol levels in check.

When I moved out last Wednesday, my father made it a point to go to the shop to get me a bottle of fish oil. It was heavy to carry together with his weekly shopping but still he really cared so much about me that he bought it anyway. He handed it over to me last weekend when we met. This is a father's love. It isn't flashy. It isn't loud. But man, I feel so blessed to be loved like this.






I also reached another milestone for my new house. I have started cooking for myself and the food is better than I thought it would be. I am still getting used to living by myself but I enjoy it so far. I wished I had a bit more time at home but well, I guess it is nice to look forward to coming home (as long as the feeling lasts).



Comments

Popular Posts