I'm 46! And happy to be =)

 

46. I'm young for a Senior citizen. That is one way of putting it. My birthday wasn't ideal. I was sneezing non-stop for most of the day. The Grab food order was missing my drink. My furniture order delivery was delayed for almost an hour past the allocate time. I didn't get to do anything that would qualify as a memorable experience and I didn't get many presents. Heck, I did not even receive many birthday wishes. 

And yet, I have come to appreciate how special this day is. While my family doesn't come up with the most exciting celebrations, and yet I know I am loved. My parents are old and they tire easily but yet they still make an effort to celebrate with us. My sister looks out for me like a little brother even if I am 46. A simple cake to celebrate with my family was all I really needed to make my day.

I have come to realize that life is like this. It isn't perfect but you can focus on the right things and still be happy. I look at this photo and realize how blessed I truly am. I might be flawed and even lacking in many ways but what I have is so precious and beautiful. And for that, I am grateful.

Comments

Popular Posts