"My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness" 2 Corinthians 12:9
I am back at my desk at work today. I have not had a good last few weeks due to being sick and hurting my foot. In fact, I am not back to being 100% again. I still feel an itchy soreness in my foot and despite having managed to throw my body onto the train for the morning commute, I still feel tired. It isn't as bad as when I was sick last week but boy am I struggling with lethargy. The first 30 mins of work was just shitting and trying to shift into a higher gear. There is a feeling that things need to be done, but I am just putting it off until the tasks eventually catch up to me and overwhelm me.
When I am mired in this zone, everything feels extra heavy and resistant. I keep thinking things like "Man, I wished that Uwu bird didn't wake me up 10 mins before I was meant to wake up" or "I wish I felt a little more energetic". There are times where the thoughts just stop and the brain just freezes there - nothing happens but there is a pause between two tired thoughts. I finish whatever is left of my coffee. It isn't enough. Nothing ever is.
At times like these, I turn to God for guidance. 2 verses from the Bible keep coming back to me. The first is my favourite:
Philippians 4:6
Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God.
The second is this:
2 Corinthians 12:9
My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness.
This made me realize that the feeling of being "not good enough" or "tired" won't every just disappear if I hyperfocus on it. What usually happens is to just take the smallest step you can take to progress, then somehow, the situation shifts more positively. I know this and yet I keep falling into the same pit again. No more. Today I will just aim to try. Whatever I can do, I will try.
I'm pretty sure I already have this quote posted somewhere in this blog. But it is valuable to have another look at this.

Comments