Impressive Korean ship builders

Yesterday was a drag of a day. Ended up being bogged down by my problems and as such, just passed the day watching lots of tv. Wasn't too bad. Some of the programs were quite interesting. I watched this documentary about Korean ship builders. Their professionalism and dedication really impressed. There is much to learn from them in terms of management and their attitude towards challenges. Not sure they have work/life balance though. But it was really cool that they could assemble a MEGA sized vessel in just 4 weeks! Of course they more or less had all the production resources they needed at the time they needed it. I wonder if I would ever find a company like this. I don't mind the work being hard but you know, it helps if your company helps you by being generous and providing all resources to contribute to your success. Doesn't help if they sabotage your efforts by playing you out of position or assigning impossible deadlines and meagre skeleton resources to you. Heh. Bitching again. My forte.

Comments

Popular Posts