Pre-departure week: Flurry of activity

After a slow start early this week, I've actually managed to do quite a lot. A lot of it was just unexpected really. But it turned out to be really exciting. I had quite a few meetings with friends and they were all wonderful. Was with Patrick and Jaden this Monday, had an uneventful "food court" dinner (not that it was bad or anything) and had a good chat at Toast Box. Got to know his friend Hansen who sells WOW (World of Warcraft) action figures, which is a business I would like to explore. Was feeling that things are beginning to look a bit better for me now. Got Maya installed, though it took me quite a while to figure it out. Dumb Vista... So the week trickles to Thursday, where I am actually quite happy to meet Chermain. We don't meet very often and that is not an exaggeration. I think I did blog that we didn't meet each other for 10 years and then suddenly met up just prior to flying off last year. Then when I returned, she was always busy with work and I never got to see her until this day. Still, I find that we always manage to have tons of things to share and have lots of fun together. For a start, we did the Singapore Flyer. It was an experience but not one that I'd pay like $30 to go on (Chermain paid btw). I enjoyed it. It was something new to do. Unexpectedly, I didn't think "Watchmen" was out but it just premiered on this Thursday as well and we caught it. Was a pretty long movie but I think it was true enough to the comic book. We talked about lots and it was a really fruitful day. Was supposed to meet Hwee Min too but she backed out at the last moment. Pang seh queen. Friday. To be honest with myself, I have been waiting for her to call the whole week. I was kind of preparing myself to just leave without saying goodbye. Well, then I realized in the morning that I was going to think about her anyway, whether or not I met her. I was, with much futility, trying to convince myself that if I stopped meeting her, it would make it easier on myself to forget. But heck, you know the heart never forgets. And I am now comfortable (as I can get) with my feelings. I was glad I asked her out today. We had a good chat and a lovely dinner together at the Black Angus. She got me a present and I got her one too. Obviously, we still mean something to each other but I no longer place any hopes or expectations on the relationship. The moments we share are sweet even if they are fleeting. And perhaps I have gained some maturity in my perceptions as well, which perhaps gives me strength to be true to myself. It was a very sweet thing we shared today.

Comments

Popular Posts