ANZAC weekend

ANZAC weekend. This is the day the NZers remember the sacrifice of those who fell during New Zealand's wars (WW1 and WW2). Well, it has been dry all week in terms of jobs turning up but at least I am making some progress on other fronts (Networking etc). Went for movie night on Friday to this out-of-town place called Panmure. Took the train for the first time. I almost didn't have enough cash on me (mostly I use EFTPOS, which is like NETs in S'pore) to pay for the train but thankfully I did eventually get the $3.80 required for fare. Got to the place eventually after asking around and had a good time watching this Mel Gibson flick called Gallipoli. Was an interesting film but in the end it kind of showed how soldiers were ordered to their own deaths by their commanders bad decisions.
Saturday... Went to the Auckland Museum with Kingfisher and it was really cool. Lots to see. Mostly did the "Scars of the Heart" section which was about NZ war history. Here are some snaps of the trip...
The Auckland Museum building...
Light Horse trooper... Read that some of them had to shoot their horses after the war as they couldn't bring them home. Sad. Like having to kill your friend.
And this one just freaks me out. Supposed to be a girl in her bed room in the early days of NZ. Check out the eerie spot lighting as well... Cringe. I was actually worried about talking to my family on skype this weekend but it turned out alright. There is a lot of pressure about getting a job and for other non immediate family, members they interpret it that I am indifferent and am not trying "hard enough". The fact is that I need to build up confidence in my ability again. Working in a restaurant/supermarket is not going to help me get it back. Neither is spending all my time getting rejected healthy for my self-esteem. It would just suck me into another depression. I have decided to keep active and volunteer for activities that will build me up. I have volunteered to help on a short film competition and am excited to join. I have quite a list of things to do today which is a good thing. Far better than getting sucked into depression and sleeping the whole day away. Yep. I have done that for more than a few days but I am determined that this isn't going to happen again. I just gotta live life and not sleep it away.

Comments

Popular Posts