Oh Lord gimme a break...

For as long as I've been here, I've been looking for a job. I must have gone through at least 50 job applications and till now, not even a single interview. Not one. Don't mind if I had lost out on the interview stage but nope, not even one interview. Am I knocking on the wrong doors or does every employer just feel like bunkering in? Seems like bunkering is a popular trend these days; investors are holding onto their cash, consumers spending less, everyone hiding in their little holes hoping the shrapnel doesn't rip their heads off when they peek out. This is taking a lot out of me. I do things everyday but it is so "what's the point?" I might as well be buying the lotto once a week hoping to strike. I will be going for reflection group tomorrow only because I think staying in my room all day will just drive me mad (FYI: Reflection group has nothing to do with people coming together with mirrors. It is a Catholic Bible study group). I wonder too if I should go to the Universities to ask if they are hiring, though I fail to see the logic of it. All the jobs are listed on their web page, with clear instructions that the closing date will be 15 April. I had a strange SMS from Uncle Mike. Asked me to let Huhus know that I am looking? C'mon! THEY FIRED MY ASS!!! REMEMBER? Well-intentioned as Uncle Mike is, he just doesn't get it. I didn't reply the message. I don't know what to say. Seems like a common occurence these days. Silence as an answer.

Comments

Popular Posts