Superman selling Kebabs!

If procratination was the thief of time, then I must be some grandmaster thief. I have been putting these entries off for a while. It used to be updated daily. Then it was updated every two days. Now it is updated every Monday... Man, whatever happened to my iron clad discipline. Seemed to have evaporated with my job. Anyway, in the news: Superman is selling kebabs! Apparently the daily planet has been hit by the recession and has axed Clark Kent. Disgrunted wife Lois Lane has put Superman out in the streets, yelling something to the effect of "SAVING THE WORLD DOESN'T PAY THE BILLS!" As a result, Superman has sold his image to a NZ kebab store for royalties as we can see in the image below... Ha. So much for the fictional narrative. This sign was actually seen on my weekend trip to Dominion Road, kind of a Chinese/Taiwanese section near Auckland City. Was just feeling a bit bored so I tagged along with Kingfisher. At least know a bit more of my locality. The week was slow, and since Kingfisher's Boss seemed interested in looking at my work, I had to do up my CV and show reel. He will be taking a look today and hopefully he is looking for animators. I just bloody need a job! I finally went for reflection group (Thursday) and at least I got to know a bit more people. One of them, a French girl, has contacts to advertising so I should just give these people a call and see what happens. Well, not too much interesting this week though I have one observation to make; why are people so smiley in Auckland? The girl at the Chinese food shop smiles at me as does the girl who sat next to me at mass. So does the one at the Thai food shop as well as the Turkish food shop. Am I so used to the poker faces of Singapore? Is there something in my teeth or hair? I felt uneasy, though that is not to say I don't like it. Maybe I should smile a bit too... =)

Comments

Popular Posts