Thursday, Good Friday and Holy Saturday

I went out this Thursday to the 2 Universities in Auckland not so much as with intention, but more of being hopeful. It was raining like crap and I had to seek shelter (a few times) in the Auckland Central Library. It was a good place to hang out as the selection of literature was really quite huge. Then I was off to AUT. Got to their careers center and had this person named Michael help me with some career planning. Here is a list of jobs that was generated by the software (Click on the image so see larger image):
Strangely, being a account executive was right next to animator on this list. This is also what Janice suggested I should do. Hmm, I wonder. Should I be aiming for something like this? It's creative industry still and as such will not provide me with the stability I need. Y'know, hired on one project, then fired a year or two later. I am drawn to further education now ( at least part time). It is a good option now because 1) the economy is bad now, 2) it is a more solid option, 3) it is "career-building" and 4) it will give me some form of society that I am so sorely lacking now. The downside is that you're not earning capital at a stage of your life where you should be but it has been very unfruitful in that respect anyway. So I have to ask myself A) Return to S'pore with absolutely nothing? B) At least have a diploma that you can leverage your next job on. The answer is quite clear. The next thing perhaps is to figure out what I would like to go into... Alright then, Good Friday. Went to Church and it was PACKED. Had a long service as it was "Veneration of the Cross". Catholics kiss the crucifix in this ritual to express their gratitude and love for Jesus for his sacrifice. I never did this in Singapore but have done so both in Milan and now NZ. Foreign fervor? I'll leave you to decide. I read the "stations of the cross" as part of observing Good Friday and found it to be really meaningful for me, especially the part where Jesus WILLINGLY accepts His (not even His own but humankind's) burdens and pain. Reminds me not to be so much of a whingeing brat in hard times like these.

Comments

Popular Posts