Dreamt of a Jaguar

Had a tough day yesterday. Just feeling a bit of a sore throat coming up and did not actually want to work. I went anyway. Current policy is that I won't quit if they don't let me go. Still, I wonder what I'm doing there. Thursday lunch hour can be a real rush and I made a few mistakes here and there. I am finding it a bit difficult to focus as I am thinking about my future (or the lack of). Of course the shift manager told me off and here I am wondering why I'm doing this for 10 bucks an hour. At least it was a short day... I returned after shift and read some Neil Gaiman Sandman. The concept of the endless was interesting. Death, Dream, Delirium, Desire, Destiny, Destruction and Despair. I sort of "cocooned" into my bed and wasn't sure if I wanted to go for reflection group. Was in a low mood see? Then a friend texted me and asked if I was coming and I simply replied that I should, and I went. The readings were about the gifts of the Spirit and the lure of the flesh. I think that I don't feel too much hope about the world now. It is going to the toilet and I couldn't care less if God were to end it tomorrow. I had dinner with Laura and Louise and then I had a chat with Louise as I walked her back. Nothing too interesting. Just the moanings about life and its struggles. Then I had the strangest dream. I was driving a beat-up Jaguar sports car belonging to an old ACJC classmate of mine (not that he really used to have one. I'm just dreaming!). An old maroon one with no floor! It felt comfortable though, and the brake and pedals were integrated into the dash board. I sped through Auckland (I remember the Sky Tower), and ended up going down a flight of long stairs, like those in Telok Blangah Park. Ended up in someone's wedding dinner. Actually this someone that I know is ALREADY married but with dreams, the wrong facts don't feel wrong at the time of dreaming. Then I couldn't get out of this and then the dream ends. I wonder if it means anything.

Comments

Popular Posts