Half-assed attitude towards life

My dad wrote me an email yesterday. The title, in caps, was RETHINK. This was after I told him on Saturday that I would like to continue doing animation. Well, it wasn't like "I NEED TO DO THIS", it was more like I'd rather be keying frames than folding kebabs and clearing dishes. Still, he has some very valid points. This isn't a business you can count on. Lots of these artistic type, myself included, simply aren't good at organising things and putting them into action. Most of the bosses in this industry either are very experimental and have little idea of how to run their productions, or they are ruthlessly cautious, reacting to the bottom-line on a knee jerk reflex. That's not a conducive environment for growth and I know it. But what else can I do now? Other than keeping alive, I don't see myself as having invested in anything in the future. And I am so behind now. While other people are buying houses and building their families, I am still undecided as to my next course of action. Currently too poor to learn new marketable skills, and with the job market stinking so badly for CG artists, I'm stuck in this rut. I'd like to think this valley in my life will lead to something better, like how uncle John Climax, now a billionaire, used to deliver pizzas to make ends meet. But hope is looking thin for me. I have a half-assed attitude to life, just taking whatever scraps life throws to me. I have lost almost everything that is important to me and sometimes go to bed wishing I would never wake up again.

Comments

Popular Posts