Busy...pretending to work

Ok. So I am at work now. Lovely day and my mind is somewhere else. I am pretending to look busy. My supervisor has no idea what I am doing (or not doing). Or perhaps she does have an idea and does not give a rat's ass. I have completed all my work for now and am just doing "time". Another one of those absurd things people do. Hooray for absurdism! I wonder what I should do now. Obviously can't do 3D because my screens probably wouldn't switch fast enough when someone comes to use the shredder behind me. Photoshop is possible. Staring at the screen is another. At least today it will be a shorter day in the office as I will be ferrying the CEO back to the airport. Tried my hand at penning some morose poetry. Here's one: "Suffered much, suffer still, and suffer it seems, is all you ever will..." Lol! That actually gave me a moment of delightful amusement. Man, it's only 1335 now and I have at least 3 hours to kill. Might as well write an entry in my blog. So what went on this week? After that depressive patch on Sunday, I decided to just break all the rules for a while. Skipped the run, went back on fast food and bought some beers (Yeah, I haven't been drinking for month's now). Wow! That felt great! Then my Uncle came down yesterday and the food is always good when Uncle is in town. Yum cha at lunch and Italian steak for dinner. Bloody awesome! Thought of taking Louise there when she drops by for a visit. Anyway, I just had to be the driver and all the food was covered. Would still love to go for a run some time this week. My creative run has stagnated for some days now. I have just finished my freelance project and taking a short break. Will need to totally reorganize and rethink my life plan this coming Labour weekend. Am trying to finish "The Seven Habits of Highly Effective People" so that I get some ideas for planning. So far the author sounds like a goody-two-Ned Flanders. But I'll read on anyway. He's a Ned Flanders worth multi-millions!!!

Comments

Popular Posts