Mid-week post (Rare!)

I'm so damn tired today. Went home, played some Diablo and then thought I was going to take a short nap and ended up sleeping for about four hours. I thought I would do my "Dinomancer" (Necromancer who uses Dinosaur skeletons as weapons and armour) concept but here I am just typing gibberish. Heh. "Dinomancer". Looks like the kid in me has never grown up. I'm thrilled by something that would have thrilled me when I was six. I am now 29. Yup. Freaking shock! I hadn't even noticed that and was telling people I was 28 just on the weekend. A crap birthday is no excuse for forgetting how old you really are, but I did really forget and only found out upon looking at my own profile on this blog account! Man, the pressure is enormous. I basically threw a spanner into my career gears and had to start from scratch again. The common sense is that I have to work doubly hard to "catch up", though the reality probably is that every person has their own time to reach their own potential. Ah, we'll see. I won't have too many years to waste before I hit freaking 40! Right... Relations at work have gone so much better this week and everybody is cooperating. I tried to look at it from their perspective and I do get a sense that they had been so defensive because everything they ever suggested was summarily dismissed by the previous managements. Dear me, we neglected our veterans and wonder why they took Alcatraz hostage... (Watch "The Rock" if you have no clue as to what I just said). In all honesty, I was going to put them to the slaughter on Monday and was all prepared to do so. Yet something stayed my hand and I'm glad everything is going smoothly now. I am pleasantly surprised to say things have actually improved. One last thing that I want to put in this entry... I heard from her again. She wants out of Singapore desperately and has asked for my help. A year ago, I'd have done anything to have her with me. I would even have bought her an air ticket and paid her rent. Now? I don't even know why she's asking me. Sigh. I guess some things are just fated, not meant to be...

Comments

Popular Posts