Windy Sunday

Woosh! Now I know why Wellington is known for being windy. For the entire afternoon, my windows were being buffeted by the wind. The constant pounding and howl would fit into a horror movie scene, except well, this was in bright daylight. I recall feeling the wind pushing against my car as I crossed the highway linking Welly and Lower Hutt. For a moment, I had assumed I didn't shut the doors properly but nah, it was just that the wind was so strong that it actually altered the course of my car slightly (It was blowing the car slightly off to the left). Anyway, instead of staying home this weekend, I went into Wellington for a bit of shopping. Not for myself though. Had to grab some stuff for my friends. Was a good break as the weather was lovely. The atmosphere in downtown Welly was charged too. New Zealand was going to play Bahrain for a World Cup spot right that evening (NZ won 1-0 but judging by their skill level, they're not gonna make it past the first round. Even I could have put away some of the shockers they missed that night). It is Daddy's 60th today. He wasn't too happy to learn that I have stopped going to Mass and wrote me an email to say how that broke his heart. So I went today. Came late, sat in the back on the floor, wondering what the fuck everyone was so happy about. So how did he find out? Well, I told my mum because she asked. And why did I not just lie about it? Well, I am no George Washington but I do make it a point not to lie to the people who are close to me. I do spend a lot of time on reflection now and everything seems to be an exercise in futility. Now, staring into my beer, there is some serious shit with religion that is just difficult to swallow. Everything that cannot be explained is put down to "faith" or that we, lesser beings do not have the wisdom to understand. If then it is so bloody hard to understand, is life then a test that only a select few are meant to pass? Meaning that the rest are born just to go to Hell. And the issue of Original sin. It started with Adam and after so many generations, why does God still punish us for it. Is He not supposed to be merciful? Ah, this is degenerating into a mindless rant. Why do I take it so hard? Why can't I just see some joy in life? Well, suppose you were forced to abandon everything you ever really cared for, let's see how you fare. What's left to live for then?

Comments

Popular Posts