Holiday adventures continued...

Right now, I'm having heaps of fun. I've had the company of friends every day and have been doing lots of fun things. Since my last blog entry, I have:
  1. Had a chicken rice lunch with Lishan and XX at Yat Con chicken rice restaurant
  2. Watched "Bodyguards and Assassins" with Kuodo and XX. Was supposed to convey a heroic theme but it just ended up quite funny due to all the over-the-top bodyguards. Case in point is a seven foot shaolin monk called "Smelly Beancurd"
  3. Gone to a pole-dance bar with Kuodo and XX and blew loads on money just to watch sexy girls dancing. My first time in such a place. Now I know what the sons of rich Indo-Chinese businessmen do in their free time. Had so much to drink that I felt quite sick by the end of the night. Gosh, I wish I had a photo of this but alas, I forgot to bring my camera out this day.
  4. Had breakfast (well, it was almost lunch by the time she got there) with Janice. Chwee Kway and fishball noodles was what we had. Yummy stuff that you just can't find in NZ...
  5. Bought (with XX) $500 worth of books to sell in NZ. Profit margins seems kinda low but I'm just testing a business hunch.
  6. Went to visit the new ION shopping center. Met my friends Zeph, Bee, Claire, Patrick and Jaden. All ex-Southern Star except for Jaden, who is still loyally enslaved to the company. Passed off all the Wot Wots merchandise (this is a Weta production that Zeph and Bee worked on) and grainwaves to Zeph and Bee.
Chwee Kway and fishball mee. When I get back to NZ, I will miss you my darlings... My dear friend Janice. Told her not to smile as her braces looked horrid... How breakfast should be everyday... something to look forward to at the start of the day My bestest NUS Industrial Design friends: Jan and XX Here's Jan again. Complete with "dead bird ornament" in hair. I make fun of her a lot but that's only because I know she has a great sense of humour. One of the few people that can take all my sarcastic jibes with a grin. Jan, you're awesome lah! Here's the mostly ex-Southern Star (Exception: Jaden) bunch. All dressed in grayscale colours by some weird coincidence. Top row (L to R): Zeph, Jaden, Patrick. Bottom row (L to R): Bee, Claire and yours truly =)
Yeah, I'm having such a wonderful time with all my friends. They have been a wonderful support for me throughout these difficult early post-breakup days. So much so that I am worried about how I'll hold up when I go back to NZ, when they can't be with me. I already find it difficult sleeping with the more than ocassional stray thought of her creeping in at night. I do hope that my friends check in on me more often when I get back to NZ (at least for the month of Jan 2010) just so to make it a bit easier to heal up. On my side, I suppose keeping busy and directing myself positively is the best thing to do. I have already lost many good days of my life to depression. I'll try not to lose any more.

Comments

Popular Posts