Ran a long way... Just to proof a point

Right, Beer-belly boy (me, unfortunately) did a distance that was a freaking half marathon. According to wikipedia, a half marathon is 21,097.5 metres (21km). I did 27.4km yeserday. Took me about 5 hours but I made it. Ran from home in Avalon, to the beach along Eastbourne. Eastbourne is beautiful. Kinda reminds me of the seaside houses by Cinque Terra in Italy. Wonderful part of Wellington especially during sunset. Would be nice to own a seaside home in summer. Should have brought my camera along but it would probably have been sweat damaged at the end of the run anyway. I am thinking of driving back there some later time just to have a gelato and take photos. So how did I start this foolish run? Well, my uncle Michael doubted that I could do it and foolish pride mandated I do it. And I did! Felt like my ankles would snap after that though. It hasn't been a good few days at work. Got some foot-in-mouth-oops-shouldn't-have-done-that moments but luckily no nasty repercussions from those. Got to be careful with what I say and do really. Ah, moving on, I had a great freelance project week. Modelled more marine parts and completed my part of the project. I am volunteering for graphic design work on a remembrance website for NZ soldiers. Have neglected it for a while now because of freelance work. Gosh, really slacked off on that. Been a few weeks now and I haven't even nailed down the logo. Oh, I heard Jhp has a new baby girl. Valerie. Gotta learn the Amy Winehouse song of the same name so that I can sing it when I go visit them VERY soon. Just 8 more days and then I'm back in S'pore...

Comments

Popular Posts