Leaving on a jet plane, don't know when I'll be back again...

Just finished my packing and should be boarding my plane in a few hours. I'll be leaving S'pore with a lot of bitter-sweet memories. I have enjoyed the warmth of family and the company of my closest friends. I am fortunate to have great friends, despite being hard to get along with some times. The food and shopping was of course great as well. The difficult part is losing touch with friends that have just dropped out of my life. We have grown so far apart that it seems that it isn't even worth a catch up over coffee. Suppose that is part of life. I do appreciate those that make an effort, even if they have had a baby and their own family now. And of course there is that unpleasant episode of a breakup. The kind that breaks your heart so much that you don't even want to be friends. Inevitably, the memories do return to nibble every now and then (Quite often, as we like a lot of the same things). When that happens, I just say a "Hail Mary" to distract myself and not let it take root. I've lost count of the number of "Hail Mary"s I've recited so far, but they do work. I just weed the memories before they encumber me. I have thought about what I'd like to do when I go back to NZ but I shall post these on a later day. I just have these fuzzy ideas in my head but I will just boldly pursue them. I feel a real energy and excitement about these even if they are just muddled thoughts for now. The idea is to try them, push them to a fairly decent level and get other people interested in participating in joint projects.
Meanwhile, here are more pictures from the past few days:
3rd Jan 2010 noon: Jeng Heng's celebrating his daughter's first month. Here is Jeng Heng with his little precious Valerie. She just sleeps and sleeps. Even when we pass her around... Here is Valerie with mum, Shirley. Still sleeping. I wonder if there are any photos where she isn't sleeping...Above are Philip and his Korean girlfriend at the celebration. First time I've seen her in person. Was glad to meet them. 3rd Jan 2010 late noon: Went to shop for stuff at Orchard. Was damn crowded (what's new?) and eventually, I bought a pair of Puma shoes. Meet up with XX and Jaden for Ayam Penyet (Indonesian smashed fried chicken?), which I really should have taken a photo of. Too bad it was so delicious that we finished it all before I remembered that I had a camera. Well, at least I have a snap of the $1 Durian ice cream which I had whilst waiting for XX and Jaden to arrive. Even if we had something so good in NZ, it would probably be at least $4.
4th Jan 2010 Breakfast: Another food shot. People who read this blog must think I am a glutton. That's noodle with fried wanton and my favourite kopi siu dai (coffee with less sugar)...
4th Jan 2010 noon: Visited Grandma in the nursing home before going to Chinatown to buy souvenirs for my colleagues. Felt like a damn tourist but it is really fascinating. Can rival Mustafa shopping center as a Singaporean wonder... 4th Jan 2010 dinner: Here's more food!!! Had this zi char (stir fry) place that served up great food. From left to right: Oyster omelette, marmite pork ribs and lotus root soup. Had this with my family. 5th Jan 2010 breakfast: Yong Tau Fu! (Assorted tofu?). Wanted to eat this before I left. Oh food oh food, I shall miss you when I fly back to NZ... Well then, farewell S'pore, my motherland!

Comments

Popular Posts