Productive Sunday... Te Papa Museum

After pretty much wasting the whole of Saturday, I decided to plan Sunday properly. And it paid off. I visited a new place of interest (Te Papa Museum), I went for a run (30 mins), I did some 3D (doing a dinosaur skull model for practice), did some shopping and did some cleaning up too. Amazing how much one can do with proper planning. Am a bit tired though. But that is good. At least I'll sleep well tonight. I'm wondering when I should go for my free Aikido lessons. Knowing how I procrastinate, it will probably be the Thursday session. Got me a pair of new track pants for training. Will also serve well for winter jogs. The highlight of the day had to be the Te Papa Museum. I just went through the natural history section and the most interesting thing had to be this preserved colossal squid that was on display. I think the taxidermist seemed crap though. You could see very visible black thread stitches on the colossal squid's carcass. Perhaps the carcass was delicate, but that's like a "there, I fixed it" job. Should have used transparent thread. Anyway, here are some snaps...
Te Papa Museum...
Knowing-your-limits FAIL... And eagle tries to snare a flightless bird that is several times it's size.
Dinosaurs! I used to love them as a kid. Just seeing these make me feel young and happy again.Colossal squid! If I ever catch one of these, I'll break into Old Chang Kee and steal their sotong ball recipe...There it is again. Looks like an alien autopsy. Sotong R.I.P.
And as I was waiting for the pictures to upload, I read this, which is a confession of an atheist: "I had motives for not wanting the world to have meaning; consequently assumed that it had none, and was able without any difficulty to find satisfying reasons for this assumption. The philosopher who finds no meaning in the world is not concerned exclusively with a problem in pure metaphysics, he is also concerned to prove that there is no valid reason why he personally should not do as he wants to do, or why his friends should not seize political power and govern in the way that they find most advantageous to themselves... For myself, the philosophy of meaninglessness was essentially an instrument of liberation, sexual and political."
I dread how true this is. People subscribing to the philosophy of meaninglessness so that they can do pretty much whatever they like, often at the expense of others. Worse of all, I am at times guilty of this. Food for thought indeed.

Comments

Popular Posts