Vacation Twilight...

Been really busy these few days indulging myself. Break up therapy? Maybe. It does make me feel better. There is also the sense that I'm on vacation now and should enjoy myself as much as possible so that I'll be able to be truly refreshed for another year. Guess I should just talk through the photos...New Year's Eve afternoon: Here are Philip and Jeng Heng. Jeng Heng is my Jungle Survivor buddy and I met Philip when he hosted us in London. This place is a cafe in Jurong Point... Can't remember the name but it is famous for white coffee. Here's me enjoying my hazelnut coffee. And this is the lovely kaya (coconut jam) toast that accompanied the coffee... New Year's Eve Evening: Family dinner at the restaurant that on top of the Bird Park hill. Teppanyaki. That's something I haven't had for some time now so I really enjoyed it. The place has lost some of it's class though... Here's the Teppanyaki chef cooking live in front of us. He didn't do the tricks that some very experienced Teppanyaki chefs do but he was jovial enough.Here's a sample of what we had... Foreground = Chicken. Background = Salmon Special New Year's Day noon: Lunch at (get ready for this...) Sakunthala Indian restaurant. Such a mouthful. Here's me with my sis. She couldn't take any spice this time round because of a gastric flu so she had vegetarian with a ginger tea... Sucks. Here's the $15 curry fish head. $15! I can hardly believe it. It was a HUGE portion. I think if you could find it in NZ (doubt it), it would be at least $40... And here's how they served the rice. Banana leaf, side veggies and papadum. Masala chicken each sold separately... Moving on. New Year's Evening: Here with Grandma and Uncle Mike's bunch. Had a great meal at Boon Lay Raja restaurant in Jurong East. Started eating the food and forgot to take photos. So what we have left is this... A family shot after everything was done. 2nd Jan 2010 lunch: Here's another shot of family eating food. Dim sum this time round. Fat Uncle treated us "leavers" (cousin Zhimin leaving for Chicago and myself leaving for NZ) to a dim sum lunch. Gosh, I'm really well fed here... 2nd Jan 2010 dinner: Can you believe it? More food! Here's Bak Kut Teh (Pork ribs in soup?). Tastes heavenly. Must have been invented by a genius. Had this with Uncle Hann Hoi (youngest uncle on my mum's side). I'm fortunate to have him as an uncle. He really makes it a point to spend time with me. Plus I go to him for all theology queries... Even if he is Protestant and I'm Catholic. 2nd Jan 2010: Here's something that isn't food. My brand new Nokia 6600! I finally got rid of my ageing 6100. I shouldn't say that after it so faithfully served me till this day. I should say "gracefully retired". Thank you 6100! You have earned a well-deserved retirement! Yeah, this new mobile is the first of many indulgences that I am allowing myself. I lived really frugally before this, saving for things that I no longer have to now following my break up. Anyway, such is suggested as one of the steps to dealing with the end of a relationship. Shallow as it sounds, it DOES help deflect the misery.

Comments

Popular Posts