In France in a pumpkin themed shop. WTF?

Okay, this is one of those days that I don't feel right at all. It sort of feels like my consciousness has broken free Matrix style and everything in front of me is a blasted illusion. In fact, I have spent the past 2 days like this: Work day - Go to work tired. Do some whimsical jibba jabba. Get restless by 1500. Talk to someone (XX on Monday, Patrick yesterday) on msn to burn time until it was time to go. Evening - Planned to go for Aikido training. Didn't go. Watched the 1800 news. PM John Key is cutting benefits to lazy Kiwis. Good. Tough as it is finding a job (I know. I've been there), some people are just plain lazy and would rather live off benefit rather than get a job. And some are just too dumb to see that they are going to have to change before they can get one. Case in point is this single mum that was interviewed outside the unemployment office, moaning about how tough it was going to be for her. She was smoking as they interviewed her and looked like a punk rock concert just vommited her out (pink dyed hair and nose ring). And I wonder why no one has employed her... Don't get me wrong. I am all for helping people who just need that little assistance to tide them over a tough time but for those who think that others owe them a living, kudos to John Key for flushing their sense of entitlement down the hole. Anyway, spent some time playing Soulcalibur on PS3, smashing opponents with a great maul as Asteroth. Did some 3D but ended up "tinkering" instead of delivering some real progress. Played Craig David's insomia until I fell asleep. And so, when I finally got to sleep, the weirdness of my subconscious escapes into my dreams and I am in France, in a dodgy Parisan hostel. I am strangely familiar with the area and head north to take an evening tour. I had decided that the people in the hostel weren't very interesting at all and decided to venture out by myself. I somehow ended up in this cafe where they had nothing but pumpkin related food; pumpkin pies, pumpkin soup, pumpkin dessert, pumpkin cake etc... Yup. Woke up with a WTF feeling. As usual, woke up tired and dragged my ass to work where I am now... blogging when I should be doing some mindless record keeping. Gosh, my army friend Bernard asked me if I were staying in NZ for good and I replied "Neither S'pore nor NZ really feels like home now. Perhaps fated to roam the world like a wandering ronin, selling my sword to the highest bidder..."

Comments

Popular Posts