Sighs and silence...

I've got something stuck in my head. And it has lingered in my mind for the entire day. I had thought I had been really thorough when I decided to end our relationship. I threw away everything she gave me, wiped her off my contact list, msn, mobile etc. And still somehow I hear from her again. It happened when a mutual friend invited both of us to the same conversation on msn yesterday (I didn't expect that to bypass the blocking function). I found out then that her dad had passed away. I do not know if was instinct, concern or something else. I asked if she was ok and got a "I thought you didn't want to talk to me anymore?" Well, what could I say? I didn't. I didn't because I didn't want to give myself any hope that will eventually leave me disappointed. It does seem a bit hard hearted and even petty, but I feel that it doesn't matter if I was there or not. I left the conversation soon after and gave "work" as an excuse. I did have lots of work to do but well, it was an excuse afterall. I really needed a friend last night. To have a drink with me. To give me some perspective. Or just a listening ear. But I was simply alone... save for the sighs and silence.

Comments

Popular Posts