When life seems out of control...

I've pretty much learnt to watch the signs of when my life spins out of control. The telling signs are:
  1. Room and house in a mess
  2. Cessation of all creative work
  3. Loss of composure and a tendency to function reactively
  4. Indulging in unproductive distractions such as TV, computer games, alcohol and even the occasional smoke (not this time though).
  5. Loss of energy and constant tiredness despite having lots of sleep
The triggers? Here are some of them:
  1. Dysfunctional work environment
  2. Unresolved or badly resolved relationship conflicts
  3. Too much work to finish
  4. Too little rest
  5. Financial/career uncertainly
Yeah, such things make me feel like I'm slowly losing control of my life. Wasn't as bad as the time I was back at Huhu studios where I actually lost sleep over the hopelessness of my situation. I guess this time I'm a bit wiser to the situation as well. Here is what I have done to bring it under control...
  1. Clean up my house - I'm about 80% done and the house does look a lot better.
  2. Gone to Church and left a prayer - It doesn't hurt to ask for Divine help. Even if you don't get it you've lost nothing. You're still screwed.
  3. Plan the next 3 work days in insane detail - I don't recommend doing this all the time. It's true your day becomes more productive but the down side is that you're constantly in frenzied activity. Despite what time-management people tell you, I believe that some balance is required. It is innately human to be "lazy". Even the most hardworking person's ultimate goal is to have it easy. For example, why would one study hard for an exam? It is to have it easy during the exam. It is really stupid to work damn hard and still struggle when it counts.
  4. Don't take it personally - Nobody cares if you died working. So don't.
  5. Have sufficient rest - No going past 12MN and waking up before 0700.
Well, I'll need to observe my "sufficient rest" rule in order to have any chance of getting back on course. Goodnight!

Comments

Anonymous said…
Come hooooooooooome flo.

Popular Posts