Just felt like writing?

Drained. Woke up this morning, too lazy to make breakfast so just had a coffee and watched the news. Really struggled to leave the house because it was cold and I don't really want to work. Spent a few more minutes on the couch and looked for some other distraction just so as I could savour the last few minutes before the office grind. Was contemplating composing a lame song on my guitar out of just G and C chords but just ran out of time and I had to go. Left the house in a mess; socks and undies in the living room, unwashed plates and cups on the coffee table. And it is off to work, demoralized even before the day has begun. It has been really full-on this week. Flew over to Auckland to visit a manufacturer to "expedite" some out-of-stock product. I hate business travel. The company has some weak links and that has ultimately affected my ability to deliver. But anyway, that isn't very interesting and is just there to explain why my daily operation is 80% firefighting and 20% day-to-day work. It is a shocker. I don't feel too unhappy though. Work is work and although it did get a bit personal this week, I have been able to (quite easily) detach myself from it again. Nobody needs to "die" over a few bottles of vitamin sales. On a positive note, I have an invite to dinner tonight as well as dinner with another friend on Sunday. I just hadn't had too many people to hang out with in NZ so far, which is really unusual because I could always find a friend to hang out with in S'pore. My dear friend Louise is also coming to visit me soon, flying in from Sydney. She's from the UK and I like how she calls me "darl" in her text messages. That is just so typically British. Okie dokie. Back to work! That was a good 15 min slack...

Comments

Popular Posts