"Kick-ass" kicks ass

Watched the movie Kick-ass last night with Jill and Sean and it was awesome! I have not been impressed with a movie for a long time now but this is IMPRESSIVE. Of course every silver lining has a cloud. Sat in front of some fat chick who well... just laughed inappropriately at everything. One of those mollycoddled people who was probably so shocked by the gore on display that she had to laugh at every fuck thing. Erm. Does she not notice that she is the ONLY person laughing? Or has she not caught on that this movie isn't entirely a comedy? Somebody just give her a chocolate and get her out of the theatre... Here are some other notable mentions: PS3 - I have completed Marvel Ultimate Alliance! Was an awesome beat-em-up that doesn't require much thinking. Perfect stress reliever. Just watching Captain America throw his shield and having it carrom it off walls onto foes is just pure fun. Aikido - Got my training uniform! Now I just need to tear off the sleeves and put on a red headband and I can be Ryu from Street Fighter! Hadouken! But in all seriousness, I really sucked at training this week. Trained with some seniors (who are going for grading this Saturday and were thus sharp and focused). Me? I couldn't even follow the demonstation. 2 weeks off training and already rusty. Dim sum dinner - Went out with Vicky for dinner after Mass to this Chinese dim sum restaurant called Dragons. The service staff was all looking at us strange as if we were a couple. Chinese guy + Caucasian girl = novelty. I wonder if I should bring Louise there too. Food is excellent and not "guei lo'ed" up for Westerners. Fitness - A dent to my manliness, heh. Went jogging with my friend at work Jill (who is around 40) and she absolutely smoked me. Work - Ah fuck. Really burned out at the end of day each day and there is more coming my way. The emails some people send are not only frustrating to me but to themselves as well (because I have no idea what they want AND they refuse to get on the phone). I am dreaming about my dream job as a design director for a gaming/animation production. So so far away. And about dreams, that is perhaps why they are called such, they often happen in another reality. So that's about it. I read about how Janice is being very disjointed in her trains of thought. Happens when you get really swamped. But it is good to hear she is doing well in her career. Haven't been in contact with XX for some time now. Would love to hear something new from him other than Capoeira, Capoeira injury, soccer and golf. C'mon XX, join reality TV, get a tattoo or something... Love him though. He's someone I can always count on to be there.

Comments

Popular Posts