Sick (For 2nd day now)

Second day of skipping work and the flu has not cleared up yet. Watched Dr. Phil on TV and he was talking about "Generation Me". Here is a synopsis: "They’re self-absorbed, spoiled and entitled — otherwise known as Generation Me. Learn why so many young people are pursuing fame and fortune, and are also miserable. And, find out if you’re unknowingly raising a child to be like this." I really do wonder if that is what I am. God, I know there are worse kids nowadays but I do admit to being at least a bit "self-absorbed, spoiled and entitled". Yeah, I am. I think I had it good for too long. Someone always came to bail my ass out every time I got into trouble/ran out of money/lost my job. I used to argue with Dad over having to pay back my study loan but I suppose he was teaching me a valuable life lesson. Being such a proud person, it is difficult for me to come to this conclusion. But with this realization, there comes a new strength (and humility). For one, I'm happy to live a life with relatively few regrets. I do see myself to be somewhat far from my dream life but I know I can eventually get there. I shall sleep well tonight =)

Comments

Popular Posts