Me through 3 decades... almost

This weekend, I did a photo montage of me. I did not do this because I was on an ego trip (despite having 14 frames of myself). I did it because I realized that I will turn 30 next month and it was a stock take of where I was in life. Right now, I am in a very "alone" time of my life. I am far from my closest friends, far from my family and far from my passion in life. I guess you could say I have stopped feeling good about myself, feeling that I am special, and in some way, forced abandon my dreams, to take to the plough like the rest of society. Sure, it is much better now than the time I was serving kebabs and fries and shacking up in the YMCA but I do believe that part of me has given up. I realized that I had stopped caring and investing in myself because I didn't think I was worth much. Yet, looking through all these photos of me, I am reminded once again as to how special I am. I am reminded as to how much love and care (not to mention money) has been showered on me through these years. Sure I had a setback in life, and naturally it took time to recover from it. These series of photographs clearly show me that whatever setbacks I have suffered previously (at any age), they mean little now and do nothing to diminish who I am. The choice to me seems clearer now. I should let go of the past and start rebuilding myself. I do know this is never going to be easy but when the time comes, I would more often choose to:
  1. Take one more step when I feel I can't go on anymore.
  2. Focus when I get distracted.
  3. Fight fatigue when it sets in.
  4. Plan and spend my time/money with greater wisdom and purpose.
  5. Never abandon my dream.
This is afterall what success is made of. The choice to press on when tired, to get up when you fall and the stubborn, determined refusal to go down for the count. I know I can do it because I am special. And nobody can take that away from me unless I let them.

Comments

Popular Posts