Penance stare

I am putting this post in because I had recently found out that a very dear friend of mine had been cheated on by her boyfriend whom she was living with. Apart from showing concern, I don't really know what else I can do to make her feel better. It damn hurts and I know it. In time, the wounds will heal but there will always be scars. Always. Forgetfulness is a great cure but unfortunately, it takes a long time to work. I know this after several heartbreaks myself. In fact the night where I ended my last relationship, I threw out all the presents, deleted her mobile number, blocked email, blocked msn and systematically disabled any form of possible future contact. Only then can the forgetting begin. I suppose little hurts more than betrayal.
I had a lot going on my mind when I started this post but now it just seems to be a ramble of thoughts not consolidating into a solid idea. In fact, I just thought of Ghost Rider and his "penance stare". Just for those who don't share my geeky comic wisdom, Ghost Rider is a superhero with a flaming skull, a sort of spirit of vengence. His power is the "penance stare", defined by wikipedia as: "The ability to cause others to experience a level of emotional pain equivalent to that which they have caused others as a result of illegal or immoral activities". Right now, I really feel like giving somebody a "penance stare". It would probably turn him into a fucktard drooling vegetable but that would be fairly lenient considering he deserves a smite from Lord Almighty...

Comments

Popular Posts