Disorganized!!!

Sunday! I woke at 10 am today. Not too bad considering I woke at about 1300 last Sunday. I watched Scott Pilgrim on Friday and then watched a ridiculous Japanese blood-splatterfest movie on Saturday. Felt I needed to relax by watching stupid stuff. I have my mind now set on cleaning up my house and then when my environment is clear, my mind will be too. Despite my house being terribly messy now, I think I will be happier when it gets cleared up tonight. Then I will draw something. I'll even go to Mass. I need to clear up my life. Reflecting a bit here, I do look at all my past (long-term) jobs are like relegation battles. I have never been in a company that gave me a bonus, or for that matter, has a proper structure in place. Absentee/remote bosses and the associated chaos seems to be a prevailing trend. Heck, to hell with complaining. I will just do my best and see how that works out. Not everything needs to be a drama. Still, all shouldn't be so dismal and maudlin. Birthday is coming and my sis is coming to visit me. It is time to take that long awaited break I so rightly deserve. We are planning to tour Wellington and Queenstown. I am excited about this and am really looking forward to it. I have been living alone for a while now and it does affect your outlook. Jeng Heng was right. I can sort of understand how he felt back when he was interning in Japan but at that time, I had no idea. I guess being the youngest in my family has made me a little self-centered and insensitive to the problems of others. Also, the grass always looks greener on the other side. Friends in S'pore always think if someone was out of the country and working elsewhere, they were having a time of their lives; absolute freedom away from the government's oppression. Well, if ever there was one thing that this experience has taught me, it is to appreciate my friends and be more sensitive to their problems... Speaking of problems, I am impressed with how Janice is handling hers. I think she is tough and mature far beyond her years. I like how she plans her way out of her problems. The mental imagery is a castle under siege. Shit happening everywhere, catapults firing and smashing your beatiful castle walls. A filthy traitor just gave the castle keys to the enemy and peed on your sheets to make a point. Heck, the West gate just got breached and a mob of blood-thirsty invaders have decided to do an extreme makeover of your palace. What would you do? I think I would just hole up in my bedroom, push a few cupboards to bar the doors and then prepare to make my final stand. Then, when doom comes to me, I will go out in a blaze of glory, swinging my sword as long as I have breath (which won't be very long). Jan will actually take a more strategic approach. Rather than just hole up in the bedroom, waiting for doom to happen, she'd assess the whole situation and find a way to turn the tide of the battle. See the difference?
  1. Shit has happened. A negative, defensive attitude is taken. It is like 3-0 down in a soccer match, let us not lose more than 5-0.
  2. Shit has happened. We assess the situation and find a way to WIN. 3-0 down. How much time do we have left? Which player can we bring on to make an impact? Can we take them to penalty kicks? How can we WIN? Way more positive!

Comments

Popular Posts