Something about nothing...

Ah, a little late in writing an entry this week. Well, this week I am really looking forward to my sis visiting. Yay! I hadn't been too well lately though. I developed a rash again on Thurday, was off work on Friday and basically spent the weekend at home doing nothing. Apparently an allergy, of which I don't know what I am allergic to. Feels like being sunburnt all over your body; painful and flaky. Have gotten much better since Friday but I do hope it doesn't prevent me from having fun with my sis. Being confined to home this week made me wonder a lot. I wondered much about life and how it is meant to be. Why do some people cruise through it while others seem to struggle? Right now, I have a friend from the creative industry forced to take a 3 month break because his company probably collapsed. Right now, I have a friend trying to put together a list of 10 happy things in her blog but can find just one. She might as well call her blog "The Vacuum Cleaner", where everyday sucks and you are often feeling empty or dirty inside. Let's not even mention the suffering of the Pakistani people. But you know what? Despite at that shit that goes on, there ARE things that make me happy. Things that really make life not so bad.
  1. All Black beat South Africa with a last minute try. I am surprised how Kiwi I am becoming.
  2. http://classicarticulation.blogspot.com/. This site has all the retro toys I used to love as a kid. Centurions! Silverhawks! TMNT! M.A.S.K and Transformers! I am in a mini heaven here. Sometimes I wonder what I even work for and the answer is this... To buy whatever you lost and missed as a kid of course! As they say, men never outgrow toys - they just get bigger and more expensive. How many of you guys out there will trade your wife for a real life working Air Wolf? You had to think didn't you?... ;-)
  3. Comics. Nuff said.
  4. I heard the bozo sales and marketing manager is resigning. Man, that is a real relief. I honestly think this guy has fumbled away thousands of dollars worth of company money; money that could be used as my bonus. Now the problem is getting out of the way, perhaps we can start winning some games eh?
  5. Family! My most "taken-for-granted" asset in this life. I realized I am very lucky to have a great family. Mum, Dad and Sis are all awesome and have loved me all my life. Through my darkest brooding times even. And let's not forget the great supporting cast of uncles and aunts (both sides) that have always been there for me. Looking at all the crap that many other families go through, I have it good. REALLY GOOD.
So that is my happy list I suppose. Will write more if time allows. I have just woken up from a strange dream. It starts in urban Singapore. Got to get to the MRT station together with 4 people - 3 guys and a girl. Took a "short-cut" wanting to bypass a hotel lobby but it was locked. Ended up almost dying because we had to use this half-completed overhead bridge to get to destination. The bridge had no guide rails so a fall off either side would be deadly. Got there eventually though. But it was like a special mission op just to "get-to-the-MRT". I even remembered one of the guys in the team was a commando or something. Will draw this bridge later. Feel stoned now.

Comments

Popular Posts