Wasting time

Almost 2000 hrs on a Sunday evening. Grocery - Not done Dishes - Not done Laundry - Not done Dinner - Not done Yup, the house looks like Dresden and I am a feet-dragging slob. It is raining like shit outside and I feel absolutely miserable. I just wished my Aunt Hiroko (my Japanese aunt) happy birthday and I didn't have too much to say that I was proud of. Aunt Hiroko treats me like her own son so it wasn't easy for me to answer her questions of concern...
  1. Q: How do you like it in NZ? A: It is so-so. I don't really like it but I don't like the idea of returning to live in S'pore. No other viable options exist.
  2. Q: Girlfriend? A: No, I do not have one and do not know where to begin looking. I have just started rebuilding my finances and I could probably declare all my assets on one side of a standard name card. Besides, I seem to be the only Asian in the village.
  3. Q: Happy in job? A: I don't really like it but it is better than being unemployed. I still owe Dad lots of $ and I don't have the luxury of choice here.
  4. Q: Eating well? A: Yes. I took out a pizza for dinner. It has carbs, proteins and vegetables (capsicum and tomatoes). Plus it is uniformly flat and fairly symmetrical and can thus be considered a "balanced" diet.
Was feeling really unproductive and just felt like wasting time this weekend. Watched "Inception" and I sometimes wonder if I am stuck in a dream world and am somehow forced to struggle with reality. I do have one silver lining to report this week; my sister is coming to visit me for my b'day! How cool is that???

Comments

Popular Posts