Queenstown: Day 1

First day of spring. First day in Queenstown. Woke really early to go to the airport and got there by about lunch time. Spent the day checking out the attractions of Queenstown and am very happy to be here. Spent a heap of money though and I am quite concerned. It feels much like trading my future for a few days of fun. Spending time with sis was great. Though I realize that we haven't spent so much time together (just the two of us) in many years.It is difficult for me adjusting. And perhaps there is a bit of friction when it comes to things like what we want to do and such. I dislike going into clothing shops and dislike being bossed around. I dislike waiting for her to SLOWLY finish her food and I often cannot agree with what she says. The endless complains don't help either. Being down with rash has kind of taken the spark out of me. I took a photo and realized how much I have been putting on; fighting depression and then succumbing to this rash has taken me off exercise for months. It is improving when I take the meds and I can't wait to get get fit again. I realized how badly I have let myself drop now. I've a double chin for Christ's sake! Am looking so unglam in my purple hoodie and trackpants, which I need to wear due to my rash. Still, I will try to make the best of this experience. I know I will be lonely again when Sis returns to Singapore and I do love her for coming all this way to visit me. We did the gondola and luge (taking these go-karts down a winding hill path) and I like the luge best. Have booked bungee for tomorrow. I am thinking of something cool to scream out when I leap off. Somehow the best I came out with was "That was 175 dollaaaaaaaaars!"

Comments

Popular Posts