Queenstown: Day 3 & 4 + The Return to Welly

Day 3 - Milford Sound Did the tour to Milford Sound. Woke up really early and had the sleepy feeling. I thought "This is a holiday, not a rush to do everything". It took a few hours to get there and boy, it took my breath away. All I can say is that you've got to see it to experience it. The entire place looks so beautiful, it was almost like a movie set. Previously, I often wondered where I'll bring my friends if they should come to NZ to visit. I mean, I could show them ALL of Wellington in like 2 days and maybe Auckland is like Singapore but with less shopping. Now I know the happening spot. Queenstown-Milford Sound is it. I don't think I even did half the activities there and they were all fun. And my sis doesn't go out for any night life so there is another thing to do. Felt like a great trip but all good things... yup ... come to an end. Day 4 I had trouble sleeping as Sis was snoring real bad just this night. So when she stopped, I fell into a deep sleep. So deep that I failed to notice the earthquake that ravaged Christchurch. Heard about it on the news and the airport was closed. Since we were supposed to transit there back to Wellington, we had to go through this big drama at the airport trying to catch a diverted flight back to Wellington. We were the last few to squeeze on board that flight and boy, we are glad that we weren't stranded or worse, caught in Christchurch where the earthquake was. This proves that I can sleep through almost anything and of course my Sis got a bit paranoid over her kid brother. That evening, she raided the supermarket for earthquake emergency supplies; four 3 litre bottles of water and tons of canned food. Also, by pure coincidence, I made a friend at the Weta Cave on Saturday but that is another story for another day... I sent my Sis off to the airport today. Over these few days, I had to put up with:
  1. Waiting for her to slowly choose her food
  2. Waiting for her to slowly EAT her food
  3. Waiting for her to slowly browse a shop
  4. Being bossed and nagged into doing things I don't want to
  5. Her snoring
But y'know, as much as I enjoy my solitude, I already miss her. I felt lonely right after she left.

Comments

Popular Posts