Live for the moment (because something worse can happen)

After a week away from work, it was natural that a lot has piled up on my desk. Chipped away at it bit by bit until the end of the week. Since my car had a big dent, I couldn't drive all week and so Jill had to chauffeur me to and from work. I could get used to being driven around but Jill herself has had a hard week too. I also found out that because my company had switched suppliers, some really good people will not have jobs over Christmas. I feel really bad for them; it seems so unfair. I may be very naive to think that the world was governed by a code of honour common to all humanity. You work hard, you get paid. This however doesn't seem to be true and there are many instances where the rich exploit the poor, act recklessly, destroy the economy and then get a government bail out because "they are too rich to fail". Of course if the government didn't, then the entire nation will experience a disastrous snowball effect. If they didn't save the rich, then the middle class and the poor wouldn't have jobs and the entire nation falls into depression. Anyway, I'm not feeling very good now. I just heard Grandma had been moved to a hospice and has anything from 2 weeks to 2 months to live. So far, this to and froing from NZ to S'pore has been really disruptive for me. If I had a thick wad of cash this wouldn't be a problem but as it is, I am still trying to save some money after embarking on a new career path. Sigh. In times like this, I wonder what my life will be in a few years time. Immediately though, I fear having to travel back to Singapore before January and I really hope Grandma holds out till New Year's when I am already scheduled to come back. Right now I feel like my inner being feels no peace. Sort of like a paper boat in a stormy sea. It sure feels like there is little to celebrate now. It's a bit like this: People are never happy because they complain about all the little shit that happens in their life... only to find some bigger shit happens later on in life and that all the previous little shit wasn't so bad after all. Live happily for the moment! What a challenge!

Comments

Popular Posts