Troubled

Troubled. I wasted the whole day away just sleeping and staring at my computer in anticipation of the inevitable; Grandma is going to die soon, but we just don't know when. It has been 11 days since she had been taken completely off food and water and so however many days she has left is how ever many days of reserves her body can provide before she dies. Then I must return for her funeral and try to adjust all my plans around it. For the past few weeks my mind could not be still. Had to catch up with a whole pile of work when I go back and it is very difficult to get back into it. My car is still broke and Jill is kind enough to be my driver (and "mum" too) in the interim, getting me to wherever I need to go and giving me some support. I have stopped my digital sculpting for now. I just can't seem to focus on churning anything extra out as my mind is laden with worry. My resident's visa is also expired and I still haven't gotten it sorted because I need to retain my passport for "emergency" travel. I'm just very tired now. Tired of hopping on and off planes. Tired of putting work on hold and then rushing to finish it later on. Ah, the tedium of life... I guess I should just get my flight/leave amended to get back to Singapore within next week. Shite. I was hoping Grandma could hold out until January. It is only four weeks more but from what I hear, that's a bit too hopeful. Damn.

Comments

Popular Posts