CROWDED

Ever since I got back, I have been quite unused to the crowds. Everywhere is crowded in Singapore. The train is crowded. The toilet is crowded. The streets are crowded. The shopping malls are... wtf. I've been working remotely from home ever since I returned from NZ to attend Grandma's funeral. It is good to have such freedom but unfortunately, small minded people will feel envious about such privilege. I hear that while I was away, the Wellington office is at war. Very boring stuff and I am glad I ain't there. But anyway, back to my point about Singapore being overcrowded... Why then are we letting in more foreigners? I almost suffocated in the bloody train when I took it from the airport to Pioneer. At some stops, I couldn't even have space to open my comic book! I feel that, as a Singaporean, the land that should be our inheritance (I bloody served National Service to stake a claim!) has now been sold to foreigners; Pinoys, Banglahs, Chinamen and Gwei Lo. And many of the Singaporeans I know are becoming more stressed and angry because of this. Sigh, I look at the pictures of my childhood and there was time and space to have a good life. Now? A kid will need to queue up to use the playground slide. Well, I am glad that I have somehow "escaped" this crowded assylum. And quite frankly, I would love to take all my friends with me.

Comments

Popular Posts