Cleaning up my life

For the past few days I have been faithfully cleaning up my room. Why? So that it feels fresh again. No more working in a heap of dust balls and filth. Damn, I even found this "fossilized" lizard behind the wardrobe. I went through all my stuff and mercilessly culled all those things that didn't mean anything to me anymore. Things that have now lost meaning (like all those industrial design books that I spent so much on!) have now either been packed neatly into boxes or tossed away. I miss very little of the things I throw away; the old clothes, the old toys and books etc. It is very reflective of my life now. I need a fresh start. I need to throw out the skeletons of the past and reassess my life goals. Now is the perfect time for it. A few weeks to clean up and focus, before I head back to NZ to get on with my work. In other events today, I watched Gulliver's travels with XX. It must have been made for 10 year old kids as the prime audience. Still, I guess it is good to treasure whatever time I can have when I have friends around me. When I return to NZ, I guess it will be a lot quieter. How do I phrase it? I enjoy being alone but not being lonely. Yup, that sums it up perfectly.

Comments

Popular Posts