Weekly wrap

Wow. What it week it has been. One that has two people cry at work and one resign. Back in S'pore, Mum wants to quit her job too. She has "had it". Me? I'm basically at work because I promised my Dad that I would be positive, work hard and try to make the best of the opportunity I have been given. Can you make a living doing what you love? I have serious doubts about that now. Most people I know have sacrificed their passion (me included) for stability, better pay and end up in a job whereby the only thing to look forward to are public holidays and annual leave. Y'know, I want to wake up in the morning, be excited about my day, and basically, have a great time. Easier said than done. Reality. I wake up tired. Reality. I'm not sure what I should be doing. Reality. Somebody is gonna shit on your parade. Reality. I'm hanging on to what I have because somewhere along my life, my plan failed and I don't quite know what to do now... And yet it is not so bad. If you can accept the following:
  1. Life is not about what you want. It is about what you can get.
  2. Few people actually get to make a living doing what they love to do.
  3. Discipline/focus/determination/attitude. You can usually make some lemonade with the lemons you are given .
  4. It is never too late to change; no situation is unsolvable.
I had a good, productive week of which I can be proud of. I am a little surprised how a little promise to my father can give me the fuel to keep me going. I did something different over the weekend as well. I had a day out with Jill which was quite interesting. Went to the Wellington zoo and it was fabulous just looking at chimps get fed. In some way they are just like us. The Alpha-male and female get like 80% of the food and keep coming back for more. The rest wait patiently and eventually can a few scraps. The rebel who puts on a display gets the same little bit and ends up earning the ire of the rest of the pack (and a few scars). Also went to the Willis Street market and boy, the veg there is cheap! I would end up saving lots of change if I continued to shop there each week. All in all, it was a good week. Incidentally, it is Valentine's Day today. Valentine's day without a girlfriend is like pasta without parmesan. Really, it is a spiteful ocassion whereby the "haves" rub it into the "have-nots". Ah love, my experiences with it have put me on the highest highs, as well as my absolute lows. It is like a drug adddiction. Okay... it is time to sleep.

Comments

Popular Posts