The cold wind blows

Haven't been posting for some time now I realize... I had lovely weather last Sunday and had a day out at the beach. Even took a photo of it but alas, I can't find the cable that connects the phone to the laptop. Yesterday was horrid though. I just slept through the whole weekend (well, in between grocery shopping, laundry, boring TV, computer games and assorted household chores). And despite sleeping so much, I STILL feel zombied out this Monday morning. Gawd, I had to drag my corpse out of bed this morning. It was so cold that I had to carry my sleeping bag around and get into it each time I stopped moving for some time. It hasn't been smooth sailing at work either, even if I'd like to think I had achieved quite a bit. I caught the warehouse man reading his newspaper while his supervisor was busy at work. When confronted, he said he thought that it only referred to "books" citing this para from his earlier warning letter:

“that you may only read a book once you have confirmed with Ross and Flo that there is no work available. This agreement may be withdrawn at any time, particularly if it is abused”

Sigh. On the home front, mum and dad want me to come home because the big quake might hit Wellington quite soon. Sis is on bridesmaid duty for one of her best friends and I can't help but imagine a day where she would be the happy bride. Yeah, I know, I know; worry about myself first but I guess I am in a position whereby I'm cut off and isolated from my normal social circle. And I am even avoiding Wellington central as much as possible because of the impending earthquake so I guess I have become a sort of hermit by circumstances. But I'm not going to whinge about it (too much). I realized a long time ago that if you stand firm in the face of the problem, you will eventually weather the storm. Or if the storm eventually wins out, you're not going to be here to know that you've lost...

Comments

Popular Posts