I survive another day...

Dammit. Parents are here to visit and I can't say I am thrilled. I realize how simple things like peace, quiet and freedom can be taken away from you in a blink of the eye. Dad, I suppose, is okay. He doesn't give me too much trouble and respects my privacy. Still, I've gotta pretend that I STILL go to Church and all around him. We went to Hell's pizza (somewhat of a hell themed pizzeria) to take out dinner today and he was "uncomfortable". Naive. The whole world is hell now. Some people are just having a little play with the theme. Anyway... Mum. Oh man. I just had her open my door without knocking (on the way back from the toilet) and ask me why I am not sleeping. Face palm moment... I'm bloody 30 now but this is still who she sees: Damn. This will be one long week of pretending to give a shit... Gave up my bed for mum and got reacquainted with my air mattress. That I am awake now shows how good a job air mattress is doing. Look. I do love my parents but to re-create the lie of long past glory days is just kinda pathetic. Time has moved on just not you. That being said, looking at my father today made me damn happy I am still single. The amount of nagging he endures is heroic.

Comments

Popular Posts