FOCUS!!!

It is one of the coldest winter mornings ever today. The hills around me are frost covered which is a bit of a rarity in the area I am living in. I had the most lethargic weekend for a long time now. The dishes have piled up, beer bottles and magazines all over the place, and the only two things I did were get a haircut, and play Mass Effect 2 (This is a game so good it can probably replace your social life for a while) on my PS3. I didn't do any drawings, nor did I go for my second run. I bought a few nice things for myself but that just didn't cheer me up for long. Okay, I am depressed again. Why? I got into a fight this week with a friend (Jill) at work. Here is how it started... Accounts lady Maxine was sick last Thursday and Friday and resting at home. Some mobile phones came through the mail on Thursday evening when she was away. Take note that she left no instruction, no "please let me know if these come in", NOTHING. And as such, respecting her privacy, I waited for her to return so that she could do whatever she was supposed to do with them. Unknown to me, these new mobiles and SIM cards (I didn't even know were in there) needed to be couriered to all the sales reps on the road because we were changing service providers for our mobiles. This was to happen on Monday but apparently, nobody knew. Of course it ended up in chaos when the sales reps got all their lines cut and did not receive their new SIM cards yet. More surprisingly, after being told off by the boss for not arranging this whole changeover thing, Jill (who is the company naturopath and has NOTHING whatsoever to do with phones) and Maxine now accused me of not helping out when I could have (i.e. they said I could have called Maxine up to let her know the phones have arrived). I could have? I didn't even have any clue what these blasted things are for? I did not know and frankly did not care about them because it wasn't me that was managing this changeover. Well, anyway, instead of the right people taking responsibility for their fuck up, they paint this ridiculous scenario that I could somehow have salvaged the situation then by calling Maxine on Thursday and sending out the phones then. Huh? On what basis would I even call? No instruction was left and the are dozens of boxes entering the office each day. In fact, the courteous (and logical) thing to do is just to attend to those boxes that are addressed to you. Don't be a fucking busybody... As you see, I had a huge falling out with Jill about this. I told her that I wouldn't want this argument to ruin our friendship but I still have very hard feelings about how I am accused of being indifferent and unhelpful. Lose and argument and win a friend? Easier said than done when you know you are right. Now that I have identified what is bothering me, I'll keep it here on this blog post and hopefully put it to rest. Life is too short to spend depressed and the best advise I got was to FOCUS. FOCUS on what you can do. FOCUS on what you want to do. And it is amazing how the cobwebs of doom just fade away.

Comments

Popular Posts