Primary school best friend found!

Okay. I got a fb friend request this week and it came from my best friend in Henry Park Primary. Damn, it is good to get in touch after 18 years (photo above of how he looks now). Man, it is a bit strange to see him as a 30 year old as we kinda lost touch after heading to different secondary schools after PSLE and the last memory I have of him was of a 12 year old. And what fun we had back then. I remember the adventures we got into then. I remembered one day after Saturday classes (yes, HPPS was up there in the "kiasu" schools), we decided to head up to his house in Hill View to play. So, here were two kids, with a dollar between us (actually, it was his - as early as then I was often broke). Instead of using it to get onto a bus, we just decided to take a walk back to his place. Yup, that is about 7km. We bought a packet of potato chips and a drink and just walked. I think by the time we got to his home, we didn't even have much time to play and my dad came and picked me up. His mom found us walking on the way back and basically freaked out at our crazy trek (This was a time when the "McDonald's kids" went missing). And that was just one of many adventures we shared. I remembered when he got his Super Famicon and we whacked Street Fighter till we had blister fingers... Ah, the warm memories just keep coming back. This is what I thought friendship is about. Just two kids enjoying the hell out of each other's company. I'm making it a point to catch up with him when I return this December. Then we are probably going to look back on how great life was then and how boring and mundane it has become now. Things to do when we meet up? Get a photo of us and put it beside the primary school version. Heh.

Comments

Popular Posts