Stay hungry, stay foolish

Stay hungry, stay foolish. I know. A great man said that and lived it. I am now at the crossroads once again. Work has become a necessary burden and deep down I know it feels this way because I am not passionate about it. I feel the call to breakaway, to never settle for this life. It is weird that I can relate to my life in terms of scenes from Star Wars. Yes, I am that much of a nerd. I feel like I am Luke Skywalker, stuck working for his uncle (sound familiar) for "one more season" when I am really meant to be a jedi. Don't know how to get there but I really want to go into art direction so that I can create stuff for other people to enjoy. Here I am just sucking the life out of myself. I wonder if the constant state of unhapiness is because of the disconnect of what I am doing now and what I should be doing. I used to be really good at planning ahead and having a reason to wake up in the morning. I feel this lack of conviction, this lack of self-belief is holding me back. It is time to gather up the planning charts, gather some info, and then plot a course. My parents, of course, are vehemently opposed to me returning to the path of creative work. Thanks parents, I will think of you when I am scavenging food out of a dustbin.

Comments

Popular Posts