Typed my resignation letter - It felt right.

Over the past few days, I have been having a difficult time at work dealing with all sorts of bullshit. I am not sure I have reached "I've had fucking enough!" or if I am past that stage and am just dragging my corpse to work. Anyway, in some strange way I am thankful to the bitch for pushing me over the line of "I've had fucking enough!". I spent the night typing my resignation letter and it felt damn right to do it. Here it is:

Dear Michael,

I would like to inform you that I am resigning from my position as Inventory Controller for Creative Energy Wholesale Limited. My last day of employment will be 1st December 2012.

In order to pursue my dream of a creative career, I have accepted a full-time course of study at XXX and will begin on XXXX.

I would like to thank you for the many opportunities I have had with this organisation. Thank you for your support and guidance; I have learnt much during my time here.

I wish you and the company all the best for the future. Please let me know if I can be of assistance during the transition of the new person into their role.

Thanks again for everything.

Yours sincerely,

Florimond Chu

The part of the letter (from template) where I was supposed to fill in "I am leaving the company for XXX reason" helped me to focus on what I want to do and also helped to define my goals; which is to become a model/texture artist in the games industry.

Yeah, I know. The money is not going to be great (at least not initially) so I am saving as much as I can (just above depression level) to get by. Still, that might not be quite enough. But I figured that there is no point in earning money to keep yourself alive if your life is just a pointless repetition to a pointless retirement, and the journey is just to sustain a pointless lifestyle/existence. I know I have one hell of a fight on my hands but one that I know I can win with the support of my family and friends.

So if any of you dear friends wouldn't mind:

  • Letting me have your storeroom rent free for a month.
  • Buying me lunch when I'm skint.
  • Or helping me find some part time work.

Please let me know ya? It will mean a lot to me knowing I have that support (even if I probably won't use the favour).

Comments

Popular Posts