Connection to a higher power...

Back at work after spending the whole weekend on Dragon Age Awakening and completing my concept art. Ended up completing neither... I also have not been to Church for the longest time. I am feeling disconnected to God and that is an awful feeling. I look at people and I see them being scared, angry and adversely affected by the smallest things. This is because they do not have shelter. By shelter, I do not mean financially, or materially (even though that helps). This shelter I am talking about is more like your foundation, your inner calm, your core. And that core needs to be something bigger than all the pettiness in the world, something that no matter what happens, can be relied on. This is a higher power (God if you like). If your core is being connected to this higher power, then you really have nothing to fear. The unjust will be punished and I suppose that with this fueling life,  it has purpose and meaning. It does sound that I am almost going on somewhat of a spiritual argument but then, if you think about it, what physical thing can be considered to be your life battery? Money? While this is the closest thing I can think of (that is of a physical nature), I do not think money will give a person purpose. It can buy the most wondrous distractions, but it will not give a person purpose. Ever so often, the pursuit of money to "buy" happiness is a foolish thing. It almost always leads to people being rich, but not wealthy. The possession own them and not the other way round. 

Ah, such thoughts... I suppose I need to just carry on through the day till my work hours are over.

Comments

Popular Posts