1st Post of 2013

Woo! First post of 2013 and of course who can forget the highlights of the past few years. In fact, instead of crowding out on some noisy countdown event on New Year's Eve, I read through my past years of blog posts to get some perspective on things...

2008 - Everythingwillflo blog is started. Jan encouraged me to start one and so I did. 2008 was a tough year. Lost job, car broke down, left girlfriend + left country all at once. 

2009 - Another tough year. Had to return to NZ with a new and humbling experience. After months of no success looking for work, ended up in kebab shop and then begins my time working for Uncle Mike. The job is boring but comfortable. I try to make a good life out of it but it slips out of hand.

2010 - I turn 30 and have my first bungee jump. Sis visits me and we go to Queenstown for a holiday. It wasn't all rosy though. I was hit with a terrible chronic rash and I just stopped all exercise because of it. Got my first PS3 and it becomes my best friend. Grandma passes away and I simply stop all 3D work for a while. I move onto doing some 2D illustration for a while...

2011 - The All Blacks win the Rugby World Cup. My primary school best friend fnds me on facebook and we reconnect after nearly 20 years apart. This is the year whereby I get into a fight with my colleagues over professional duty vs friendship. I realize the value of good friends whom I have taken for granted. I do quite a bit of 2D work before it all fizzles out again. Uncle Hann Hoi comes to live with me for a few days to give me life advice.

2012 - The Return. After dealing with a whole lot of "bitchery", I decided I had enough. I realize I didn't love my job enough to suffer such fools and so I resign in February. I return in August to start my Zbrush masterclass and here I am now. Ironically, I still get paid till Jan 2013... after quitting for the longest time ever. Cousin Charles gets married and Lebron James finally gets his NBA finals championship.

So 2013 huh? Resolutions:
  1. Be fitter - 68kg is the target now.  Right now, I am 72kg (yeah I know - fat ass). After all the non-exercise for the past 2 years. I really need to clock more steps. Will buy a pedometer at jp today. Will run 5km twice a week. Gosh, I can already see myself bargaining from within (once? thrice a week?). C'mon just get your fat ass off the chair!!! If anyone can do it, it's Florimond F**king Chu.
  2. Be more organized - Plan the year out. Use the 5Ws of planning - Who, What, Where, When & Why!Set the milestones and then just get there goddammit. Again, if anyone can do it, it's Florimond F**king Chu.
  3. Be more determined - Every time there is an opportunity to slack off, go back to the blog, go back to the plan. Just say I want to do X and just do it. Do it before the "but" comes in and if it does, kill it. No "buts".

Comments

Popular Posts