Milestones/Millstones

My very first fully textured model. I am happy to have made it to this milestone and yet sad at the same time - because I ought to have been able to do this 5 (heck. even 10) years ago. I'm better now but not good enough. I wonder if I am focusing too much on the negatives, or perhaps this is just part of an artistic personality - Turning Milestones into Millstones. Right. Better stop this negative rambling for now.

Interestingly, I am reading Lee Kuan Yew's memoirs now. In the section about the Japanese occupation, he writes (about the march of the defeated British force to Changi):

"There were some who won my respect and admiration. Among them were the Highlanders whom I recognised by their Scottish caps. Even in defeat they held themselves erect and marched in time - "Left Right, Left Right, Left, Left!" shouted the sergeant major. And the Gurkhas were like the Highlanders. They too marched erect, unbroken and doughty in defeat. I secretly cheered them. They left a life-long impression on me. As a result, the Singapore government has employed a Gurkha company in its anti-riot police squad from the 1960s to this day."

Yup. That is character showing right through.

Comments

Popular Posts